Call for Abstracts!
2016-17 Golden Helix Abstract Challenge
As part of our ongoing commitment to empowering genetic researchers around the world, Golden Helix is hosting its fourth annual competition for abstracts! All academic, government and commercial organizations working with genetic data (regardless of species or location*) are invited to apply. Project scope should focus on DNA-Seq, RNA-Seq, GWAS or CNV methodology.
The first place winner will receive their chioce of a one-year single-name user (SNU) license of SNP & Variation Suite (SVS) or a one-year SNU license of VarSeq, as well as a new Dell Latitude 5000 series laptop. Additionally, they will have the opportunity to present their research to the Golden Helix community in the form of a webcast and blog post.
Both the second and third place winners will receive their choice of a one-year SNU license to either SVS or VarSeq as well as the opportunity to highlight their research via a webcast and blog post.
- Applications will be accepted between Tuesday, December 13, 2016, and Tuesday, January 31, 2017
- Abstracts must be in .doc or .pdf format only
- Winners will be notified on Tuesday, February 14, 2017, and announced on Thursday, February 23, 2017 via blog post on Our 2 SNPs...
- Selections will be made based on:
- The importance of the clinical or research issue and the impact it may have on the field of interest
- Disease categories, workflows, clinical outcomes and the application of VarSeq to your clinical pipeline
- The overall study design and analysis methodology and how SVS can assist in your research